Tan & Didio on THE OUTSIDERS





FROM : http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/

Announced today at the Long Beach mic Con, DC’s Executive Editor Dan DiDio will be taking over the reigns of The Outsiders with star artist Philip Tan on pencils.

...what does Philip Tan have to say?

“I have orders from Dan to hunt down and skewer anyone who buys comics and doesn’t pick this up in January.

Seriously though, I can’t be more excited! Batman and the Outsiders is actually the first DC book I ever bought (and got stolen)! It will be a challenge to pick it up after Peter and Fernando’s run and continue to entertain, but Dan and I are extremely confident that we will be able to create some very exciting visual stories! There are tons of ideas that we want to play with! It is not only a huge honor for me to work on Dan’s first monthly book, but I’m also insanely giddy about being able to be creatively involved on a whole new level with this project, a level that I have never experienced!”

FROM : http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091003-DiDio-Outsiders.html

DAN DIDIO : ...it didn't really come together until the point when Philip said he was going to be the artist on it. And then it just seemed to take off because there's a level of excitement and enthusiasm that Phil brings to everything he works on that is infectious. And the more excited he got, the more I wanted to do it.

Phil and I have been talking about it for awhile. We were working through the characters that are part of the story. We're bringing some new characters into the mix. For me, it's a lot of fun. It's going to be interesting to be a part of things from this side of the bench.

FROM : http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091003-Tan-Outsiders.html

PHILIP TAN : He told me there were two possibilities: One was a high-profile "Bat"-book; the other was The Outsiders. But DiDio said he would write The Outsiders. And for me, I was like, "Really????" I asked Dan, if I take the Outsiders book, would it be OK to work on the plot script style, and that's what Dan wanted also. So it just kind of fell together.

It was what I wanted and needed at the right time. And we've been preparing ever since, which is nice to get a head start on things like that.

FROM : http://twitter.com/philipsytan

PHILIP TAN: Got TONS of stuff to play with on this book,and the freedom Dan allows me here is quite scary...Almost co-plotting/co-writing!



Comments